Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Today's Technology


Ok..... if you hadn't noticed the Mrs. is back..... My husband is out on the road again so this is my chance. I wonder how long I can get away with this before the hubby finds out?! He didn't change his password so I guess I didn't get into too much trouble the last time! Ha!

I was thinking about all this blogging and how new it is to me. I can remember when I was in high school in typing class, you could hear the pounding of the keys, the little bell and then the swing of the carriage as we learned to type on those old manual typewriters. Maybe that is where I got those strong fingers. Ha! I used to pride myself in the fact that I could get over 90 words a minute when we took those timed typing tests. It was a big deal when we got the first electric typewriters and only those that did the best in the timed tests got to use them!

I don't even really remember any use of computers in school. I think the school office may have had some and I am sure they were the old DOS systems. But I was never around them at all.

It was in school that my two children were first introduced to computers. I think the first one that I ever had was purchased in 1995. Wow what an experience! And to be able to surf the web and get email. It is so amazing that you buy a computer and it is outdated before you even get it hooked up.

So I try really hard to stay knowledgeable enough to at least keep the system I have running in a smooth fashion. When my husband starts yelling because, the dumb thing isn't doing what he wants it to do and if I don't do something with this .... he is going to throw it out the window!!!!... then I am supposed to fix it! I feel so proud that I can figure a few things out. Believe me I know nothing about it at all. Now with the IPods, Blackberries and all the things that a cell phone can do now, I have this sinking feeling that the world is passing me by again.

So this blogging, that I am sure has been going on for a lot longer than I realize, is quite interesting. There is so much information out here on the Internet and there are so many ways to get information whether it be from surfing the web or reading someone's blog!

Signed..... Mrs. Montana Conservative

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Keep up the good work. Cheers:-)